- Medical Device
- Health Care
- Engineering & Construction
- Manufacturing and General Industry
- Regulatory Compliance
- Enterprise Learning Management
- Learning Content
- Safety and Corporate Culture
- Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- EduXpress - SMB Online Compliance Solution
- E-Commerce Online Courses
- Purchase Courses
- Resource Center
- About Us
- Contact Us
Safety Trained Supervisor
UL works with leading global energy companies to address the unique workforce and compliance needs related to the creation and maintenance of a true “Safety Culture."
Why a Strong Safety Program is Worth the Investment
A culture of safety translates into improved productivity, profitability and risk management for companies in high-risk sectors, including engineering, mining, petrochemicals and construction. Achieving and maintaining that culture depends on corporate commitment and foresight. Just as important, it relies on a blend of learning resources, approaches and technologies.
Many companies in high-risk industries, such as mining, petrochemicals, engineering and construction, are going beyond the SOP distribution and safety training class for onsite workers. These companies are building safer work environments by turning front-line supervisors into stewards of safety programs, so they can can oversee onsite safety, verify compliant behavior by multiple subcontractors and fluctuating workforces, identify lapses of corporate safety standards and continually reinforce a strong safety culture through ongoing training and communication.
About the Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) Certification Program
The STS certification program provides the means for employers to verify safety and health knowledge of first line supervisors and managers, offered by CChest. STS provides organizations with a competitive edge by certifying their key employees, and helping to promote safety awareness and training throughout the organization. This program requires that applicants meet minimum education and experience requirements and demonstrate knowledge of basic safety and health standards practices. Since 1999, demand has increased by 71% for the Safety Training Supervisors.
The STS certification holds accreditation from the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), Washington, DC. Additionally, OSHA recognizes the STS-Construction credential. OSHA compliance, safety and health officers consider it a factor in deciding on a focused inspection.
Benefits of STS certification:
- Web-based courses can be taken anytime, anywhere;
- Engaging interactions make the content compelling;
- Increase supervisors’ safety awareness;
- Ensure regulatory compliance;
- Improve performance on the job;
- Reduce workers’ comp claims;
- Reduce insurance premiums;
- Supervisors create an effective safety culture.
The UL Advantage
Our EH&S Course library has helped our clients gain a competitive advantage, improve safety awareness and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company standards. Web-based courses can be taken anytime, anywhere. Competency-based learning and role-based components make course content compelling and promote comprehension of critical information. Employers can easily manage, measure and document employee comprehension of critical safety issues and compliance requirements. Competency-based learning and role-based programs are developed to meet each client’s goals.
Clients rely on UL’s content and management tools to help them meet goals for:
- Tracking employee and contractor training using a Web-based authentication process;
- Addressing management challenges effectively and cost-efficiently;
- Accurately identifying and eliminating critical knowledge gaps through employee-specific training;
- Achieving compliance with changing regulatory requirements and crucial document management;
- Fostering a workplace safety culture;
- Increasing operational efficiency.
Improving Business Your Way
Compliance and Regulatory Solutions that Align to Your Business Objectives