- Medical Device
- Health Care
- Engineering & Construction
- Manufacturing and General Industry
- Regulatory Compliance
- Enterprise Learning Management
- Learning Content
- Safety and Corporate Culture
- Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- EduXpress - SMB Online Compliance Solution
- E-Commerce Online Courses
- Purchase Courses
- Resource Center
- About Us
- Contact Us
Our Approach to Learning
Our online learning philosophy is based on Mastery Learning. Through this approach, learners must interact with the course content and demonstrate proficiency in order to advance from one topic to another.
UL's course design supports optimal instructional and user-interface design for Human Information Processing (HIP). Our courses support adult learning styles and enhance behavior change in a variety of ways. For example:
- All courses have a menu on the left hand of the screen that helps the learner comprehend the course structure, locate information, and navigate more easily through the course. To proceed to the next topic, learners must demonstrate proficiency; otherwise, they receive training remediation.
- Graphics, including digital photographs and video clips, are used extensively, to engage the adult learner and reinforce the information.
- Course objectives are presented as “key questions,” and simple, high-level answers designed for all adult learning levels are provided.
- Details are presented using interactive devices to “chunk” and “layer” the information. This has been proven to be an optimal way to build and reinforce knowledge and change behavior in adult learners.
- Highlighters are embedded to present scenarios, case studies, relevant examples, etc. These content highlighters reinforce the information, making it more relevant, interesting, and memorable.
- Learners are provided with opportunities to practice the knowledge and skills to facilitate “deep processing” of the information. Courses use advanced instructional design principles to ensure knowledge transfer and behavior change.
- Integrated testing confirms and documents users' comprehension of the presented material, for compliance purposes.
- Real-life scenarios, as captured during interviews with your subject matter experts, place learners in virtual situations that they can use when they confront these situations in the future.
Improving Business Your Way
Compliance and Regulatory Solutions that Align to Your Business Objectives