- Medical Device
- Health Care
- Engineering & Construction
- Manufacturing and General Industry
- Regulatory Compliance
- Enterprise Learning Management
- Learning Content
- Safety and Corporate Culture
- Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- EduXpress - SMB Online Compliance Solution
- E-Commerce Online Courses
- Purchase Courses
- Resource Center
- About Us
- Contact Us
Bionow is a membership organisation which has been serving the biomedical industry in the North of England since 2000. Their aim is to:
- Provide a fully integrated bio/pharmaceutical company support structure for the region.
- Ensure the continued growth and development of the biomedical community based on excellence.
- Be fully recognised within Europe's top 10 biotechnology locations.
- Contribute to international biomedicine particularly through the Northwest's major strengths and capabilities including: tissue engineering and regenerative medicine; biohealth informatics; bio/pharmaceutical manufacture; infectious diseases and vaccine development; cancer; neurosciences, clinical genetics; trials infrastructure and molecular and medical imaging.
- Bionow was formed in March 2000
- The Bionow Steering Committee was formed in July 2000
- An initial Cluster Mapping Report was completed in August 2000 and then updated in 2002, 2007 and 2009
- Bionow was officially launched by Sir Tom McKillop at The Lowry Centre, Salford in November 2000
- Bionow was recognised as a 'best practice' case study for the Regions in Government's Knowledge Economy White Paper in February 2001.
- Bionow supported the successful bid for the Northwest Genetics Knowledge Park in January 2002
- Bionow was key in securing funding for the development of the Core Technology Facility, Manchester in 2002
- Bionow hosted the first NW Biotechnology Awards Dinner in November 2002
- The region was identified as one of the top three biotech clusters in the UK (alongside Scotland & London/South East) in February 2003
- Bionow led on the development of the £34m National Biomanufacturing Centre (NBC) in Speke, Liverpool in March 2003
- We have held quarterly network evenings since May 2000 (attendance c. 80 people) and the monthly newsletter is now distributed to over 2,000 people worldwide
- Bionow recognised nationally as a leading cluster organisation, and awarded the UK Cluster Mark Awards 2010
- Bionow Ltd was established in 2011 as a Company Limited by Guarantee to continue supporting the biomedical community
To learn more about Bionow, visit http://bionow.co.uk/home.aspx.
- White Papers
- Case Studies