- Medical Device
- Health Care
- Food Safety
- Engineering & Construction
- Manufacturing and General Industry
- Regulatory Compliance
- Enterprise Learning Management
- Learning Content
- Safety and Corporate Culture
- Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- EduXpress - SMB Online Compliance Solution
- E-Commerce Online Courses
- Purchase Courses
- Resource Center
- About Us
- Contact Us
Manufacturing and General Industry
UL works with manufacturing and general industry companies to assure regulatory compliance and operational efficiency in a highly-competitive global business environment.
UL provides manufacturing and general industry clients, including retail and service organizations, with online, computer-based, instructor-led and hands-on learning resources. Our standard courses reflect the full range of compliance issues confronting the manufacturing and general industry landscape, from hazardous material transportation to non-discrimination, personal protective devices, confidentiality and privacy, business ethics and EHS. To address the needs of an increasingly diverse and international workforce, UL’s courses are available in 30 languages.
To drive comprehension while minimizing time away from the job, UL identifies knowledge gaps, targets training to the individual based on factors including skills and language, validates receipt via e-signature, tests for proficiency and automatically generates remedial training if proficiency is not confirmed. Specialized training and certification programs assure employers that employees and subcontractors are qualified to perform targeted tasks. All records are maintained in audit-ready format for quick retrieval and review by internal auditors or regulatory inspectors. Many of UL’s clients extend their compliance training programs to their subcontractors, suppliers, business partners and corporate counterparts.
Our solutions for the manufacturing and general industry sectors help companies address business and compliance needs including:
- Skills training;
- Sales and customer service training;
- Employee qualification;
- Subcontractor and supplier training;
- Orientation and on-boarding for new hires and reassigned personnel
- Critical document management;
- Audit-ready documentation;
- Secure, off-site document storage.
Regulatory compliance with requirements of US and global agencies including:
- US Department of Transportation;
- US Environmental Protection Agency;
- US Department of Labor/OSHA;
- Government subcontractor requirements including DFAR and FAR;
- US Department of Commerce;
- US Department of Homeland Security;
- International import/export requirements.
Global anti-corruption laws including:
- UK Anti-Bribery Act;
- US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- National legislation in countries including China and Australia;
- International directives, regulations and standards from the International Standards Organization (ISO), International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), and European Commission (EC).
Global Regulatory Compliance Learning
Addressing International Regulatory and Corporate Compliance Requirements