- Medical Device
- Health Care
- Engineering & Construction
- Manufacturing and General Industry
- Regulatory Compliance
- Enterprise Learning Management
- Learning Content
- Safety and Corporate Culture
- Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- EduXpress - SMB Online Compliance Solution
- E-Commerce Online Courses
- Purchase Courses
- Resource Center
- About Us
- Contact Us
Safety Trained Supervisor
UL works with global engineering and construction companies to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate safety priorities. An essential element of our safety and compliance solution is a specialized program to train and certify Safety Trained Supervisors (STS).
Our STS certification program helps engineering and construction companies improve both safety and compliance on-site. STS certification is accredited by the national Commission for Certifying Agencies. The US Occupational Safety and Hygiene Administration (OSHA) recognizes the STS-Construction credential and considers the program a factor when determining which sites to inspect.
The STS program provides front-line supervisors with targeted safety training, enabling them to oversee employees and subcontractors on site, establish a safer workplace and promote regulatory compliance. STSs have enabled companies to reduce their reportable incidents rate, minimize injuries and accidents, lower insurance and medical costs, and instill confidence in their clients that all precautions have been taken to protect workers and prevent accidents.
Benefits of STS Certification:
- Web-based courses can be taken anytime, anywhere;
- Engaging interactions make the content compelling;
- Increase supervisors’ safety awareness;
- Ensure regulatory compliance;
- Improve performance on the job;
- Reduce workers’ comp claims;
- Reduce insurance premiums;
- Supervisors create an effective safety culture.
The UL Advantage
Our EH&S Course library has helped our clients gain a competitive advantage, improve safety awareness and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company standards. Web-based courses can be taken anytime, anywhere. Competency-based learning and role-based components make course content compelling and promote comprehension of critical information. Employers can easily manage, measure and document employee comprehension of critical safety issues and compliance requirements. This is achieved through competency-based learning and role-based programs that are developed to meet each client’s goals. Clients rely on UL’s content and management tools to help them meet goals for:
- Tracking both employee and contractor training using Web-based authentication process;
- Addressing management challenges effectively and cost-efficiently;
- Accurately identifying and eliminating critical knowledge gaps through employee-specific training;
- Achieving compliance with changing regulatory requirements and crucial document management;
- Fostering a workplace safety culture;
- Increasing operational efficiency.
Global Regulatory Compliance Learning
Addressing International Regulatory and Corporate Compliance Requirements