- Medical Device
- Health Care
- Engineering & Construction
- Manufacturing and General Industry
- Regulatory Compliance
- Enterprise Learning Management
- Learning Content
- Safety and Corporate Culture
- Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- EduXpress - SMB Online Compliance Solution
- E-Commerce Online Courses
- Purchase Courses
- Resource Center
- About Us
- Contact Us
The global energy industry is inherently vulnerable to risk under a growing number of international, often overlapping laws governing ethical business conduct. The industry’s routine need for permits and licenses in multiple countries, routine interactions with foreign government officials, operations in countries with uneven standards of ethical behavior, and routine reliance on temporary or subcontracted workforces creates ongoing risks with potentially costly results.
UL works with companies to reduce the risks of non-compliant behaviors in their organizations, whether by long-time employees or short-term workers in remote locations. A rapidly deployable library of online courses available in 30 languages provides essential information about ethical issues including conflicts of interest, kickbacks, bribes, misappropriation of company property and the disclosure of proprietary information. Additional learning materials include instructor-led training, computer-based training and customized company-specific training resources.
Underlying the compliance and training system is our award-winning KnowledgeWire® learning management system, which targets the knowledge needs of individuals, regardless of location or skill level; enables the distribution, validation, testing and audit-ready documentation of learning programs; creates manager-generated forms and surveys to reinforce knowledge and confirm proficiency of workers, supervisors and management-level personnel; and supports ethical corporate cultures.
UL works with energy companies to help them comply with compliance and corporate needs including:
- The US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- The UK’s Anti-Bribery Act;
- Anti-corruption laws, regulations and standards issued by organizations including the International Conference on Harmonization, the United Nations, the European Commission, and national governments;
- US requirements imposed on federal contractors and subcontractors;
- Corporate Code of Conduct (new and updated);
- Corporate Code of Conduct training;
- Subcontractor training, testing, validation and documentation in audit-ready format;
- Enterprise-wide training in 30 languages and tailored to the cultural, literacy, skill level and base of knowledge of the target learners;
- Ethics Compliance Coach, a subscription service that provides quarterly packages of learning tools including articles, posters, pamphlets and scenario-based case studies that drive employee knowledge when included in newsletters, regular corporate communications and compliance initiatives.
Global Regulatory Compliance Learning
Addressing International Regulatory and Corporate Compliance Requirements